LOCALSHOPZ PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
Our consumers are at the heart of what we do. This Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to personal information collected by or on behalf of a company within the LocalShopz. It sets out what we do with your personal information, how we keep it secure and explains the rights that you have in relation to your personal information.
Who we are
LocalShopz is the world’s leading online ordering drinks app business. Details of LocalShopz’s different features can be found here: https://www.localshopz.app/
This website and/or mobile app is operated by LocalShopz. Information on our subsidiaries can be found on our website, which is available here: https://www.localshopz.app/
All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘company’ within this notice are deemed to refer to LocalShopz, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate.
Are you of legal purchase age?
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the website or app.
We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age.
If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information, we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our records.
What types of personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. The personal information we collect includes:
(a) information you provide to us; and
(b) information we automatically collect/generate or information we obtain from third parties.
We have set out below more details regarding these types of personal information:
- Information you provide to us: These types of personal information include:
- contact details (such as your name, postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses),
- demographic information (such as your age or age range and gender),
- online registration information (such as your password and other authentication information),
- payment information (such as your credit card information and billing address),
- information provided as part of online questionnaires (such as responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research),
- competition entries/submissions, and
- in certain cases, your marketing preferences.
- Information we automatically collect/generate or obtain from third parties: These types of personal information may relate to your device (such as your PC, tablet or other mobile device), your use of our websites and apps (as well as certain third party websites with whom we have partnered), and/or your personal preferences, interests, or geographic location. Examples of these types of information include:
- name and age (or predicted age range),
- information about your device, operating system, browser and IP address,
- unique identifiers associated with your device,
- details of web pages that you have visited,
- which products you have looked at online (including information about products you have searched for or viewed, purchased or added to an online shopping basket),
- how long you spend on certain areas of a website or app together with the date and time of your visit/usage,
- personal information contained within user-generated content (such as blogs and social media postings),
- social media username or ID, and
- social media profile photo and other social media profile information (such as number of followers).
How/when do we collect personal information?
- Information you provide to us: There are various situations in which you may voluntarily provide personal information to us. These include when you:
- enter a competition or take advantage of a promotion,
- fill in an online questionnaire (such as a customer satisfaction survey),
- provide credit card details (such as when purchasing products from us),
- contact us with an enquiry or ask us to provide you with information,
- register on a website or app or leave any reviews or comments,
- attend any of our promotional events,
- forward an item to a friend,
- inform us of your marketing preferences, and/or
- communicate with us via social media websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. We will also explain the consequences should you decide not to provide information which we have indicated is mandatory. In some circumstances this may mean we are unable to provide you with a certain service or product.
We also use certain automated techniques and technologies to infer or generate additional information about you, for example by analyzing or predicting certain personal aspects such as your personal preferences or interests.
When your web browser or e-mail application requests a web page or e-mail from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP address” (IP stands for “Internet Protocol”). For most users accessing the Internet, the IP address will be different every time you log on.
We receive IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. IP addresses are generally recorded in files called “log files”.
- Information we obtain from third parties: From time to time we partner with and use the services of various third parties to collect personal information about you from other legitimate third-party data sources. The types of sources include information from commercially and/or publicly available sources such as data aggregators, public databases, third-party social media platforms and other third-party websites with whom we have partnered.
Purposes for which your personal information is used
The different purposes for which we use your personal information are set out below:
- Marketing Communications: We may use your personal information to communicate with you through channels such as post, email and SMS about our products and services, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses. You have the right to opt-out at any time from receipt of further marketing communications as described in “Your Rights” section.
- Marketing analysis: We may use your personal information for marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers and what people are saying about our products, to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and promotions, and to analyze the number and types of visitors to our websites and/or users of our apps (including the locations from which such visitors/users access our websites and apps). We often aggregate personal information for these purposes so that it no longer identifies any particular individual.
- Online interest-based advertising: We use techniques such as “online behavioral advertising” and “programmatic advertising” which involve the use of personal information (and the sharing of it with our service providers) to display the most appropriate and relevant advertising to you either on our websites, apps or third party websites (including social media platforms).
We may also use your personal information (and share it with our service providers as described below) in order to determine if you are a member of a particular social media platform so that we can display our advertising to you on that service or to identify consumers who share similar interests and characteristics with you for the purposes of making our advertising more relevant to consumers – examples of this are Facebook’s “Custom Audiences” and “Lookalike Audiences” products which we may use in certain countries subject to local law.
See the section on Cookies below for more details about online interest-based advertising. You have the right to opt-out at any time from the use of your personal information for online interest-based advertising.
- Online ad verification: We use personal information to monitor our digital advertising to ensure that it does not appear on unsuitable websites or near inappropriate content, and also to ensure that our advertising is visible and seen by real people online (as opposed to ‘bots’ or similar fraudulent techniques).
- Forward to a friend: When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from one of our websites, we will send that individual only the information you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on your providing us with their information. You must confirm that your friend is of Legal Purchase Age in the jurisdiction where they are located in order for us to transmit the requested information and that they are happy to receive any such communications.
- Authentication and access control: We may use your personal information to authenticate your access to our websites or apps and to determine which content to provide you and/or whether you should be granted access to certain content (for example depending on your age or location). We may also use your personal information to verify your identity when responding to any requests to exercise your rights under applicable law.
- Comply with legal obligations and protect against legal claims or liability: We may use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, protect us against legal claims, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
- Customer service: We will use your personal information to provide specific services that you request from us, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. We will also use your personal information to maintain your accounts, and manage transactions such as credit card payments for any products that you order from us or our agents, or for the fulfilment of such transactions (e.g. delivery) or to answer any questions you may have. We may also use your personal information to notify you about changes to our services, our terms and conditions or this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
- Corporate transactions: We may use your personal information in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to a third-party information concerning your relationship with us.
- Technical maintenance: We use personal information for system administration purposes and to diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers, these types of problem may be associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
Legal basis for the processing of personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a multinational beverages company, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example, we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our consumers in sufficient detail so we can create new products and improve the profile of our brands.
- Performance of a contract with you: This would also apply where we need to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.For example, where you have purchased a product from us, and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and send the product to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
Disclosure of your personal information
We value your personal information and only share it with third parties who have entered into a written agreement to protect it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- third parties where you have provided your consent. For example, we will obtain your permission before we allow a third party that is not an affiliate to send you any marketing and promotional information relating to that third party’s products or services;
- our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, and/or third party websites (such as social media platforms or search engines) retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as warehousing and delivery) marketing and advertising (including by delivering online interest-based advertising on third party websites and social media platforms); credit card and data processing; age verification; monitoring our digital advertisements to ensure that they do not appear on unsuitable websites or near inappropriate content and also to ensure that our advertising is visible and seen by real people online (as opposed to ‘bots’ or similar fraudulent techniques); software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors have entered into written agreements with us and do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required or permitted by law;
- third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as your authorized or appointed legal agent;
- a person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us; and
- law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
International data transfers
Please note that your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the country in which you reside, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in your country.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (for example, the EU “Standard Contractual Clauses” or the EU-US “Privacy Shield”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us using the contact details below for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
Public areas of our websites and apps
Information that you post on or through the public areas of our websites and apps (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion groups), or on social media platforms generally is accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others, and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not provide personal information about yourself in public (or interactive) areas of our websites, apps or social media pages.
We take information security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to safeguard the information we collect. However, we have no control over the privacy of any communication while it is in transit to us. We therefore recommend that you do not include confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information in any such communications.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the contact details below.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
You are reminded that, in accordance with the Conditions of Use for this website and/or app, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity under your account and password. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, access to and use of your account, and to notify us when you wish to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include:
- the right to withdraw your consent to any processing of your personal information (where you had provided consent);
- the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes;
- the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or in certain cases receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to rectify any information about you that you think is inaccurate; and
- the right to unsubscribe from any of our marketing communications at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us (using the contact details provided below). We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions.
How to make a complaint
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or infringes your rights.
However, if you have such concerns we suggest that you initially contact us (using the contact details below in the “How to contact us” section) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
How long will we retain your personal information for?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy and Cookie Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. After this period, it will be deleted or in some cases anonymized.
For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is appropriate to protect us in the event of a legal claim.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your contact details to ensure we do not send you further marketing communications in future.
Interfaces with Third-Party Websites and Services
Our websites and apps may contain links, references, and content from other websites and services outside of our control. Please be aware that we have no control over these websites and services and our Privacy and Cookie Notice does not apply to them.
We will not be liable to you for any issues arising in connection with their use of your information and we encourage you to read the Privacy and Cookie Notices and Conditions of Use of any linked, referenced, or interfacing websites and services you visit or use.
Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device’s hard disk. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use two broad types of cookies:
- First party cookies served directly by us to your device when you visit our website.
- Third party cookies served by a third party on our behalf when you visit our website and certain third-party websites with whom we have partnered.
The cookies we use can be divided into four broad categories:
1) Strictly Necessary cookies;
2) Performance cookies;
3) Functionality cookies; and
4) Marketing cookies.
See below for more details regarding each of these categories of cookies.
1) Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
2) Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and any error messages visitors receive from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that directly identifies a visitor. Information collected by these cookies is often aggregated and therefore becomes anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
3) Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may place a cookie to remember your preferences (Preference Cookie) so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else. This cookie does not collect your date of birth and expires automatically after 12 months.
We may also use Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remember user choices regarding the site, and preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave the site.
4) Marketing Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests based on your previous browsing across the web as well as keywords we may be able to gather from the URLs of webpages from which you accessed this website, your IP address and any search engine used to reach this website. Also, these cookies may be used to deliver online interest-based advertising to you (either within this website or when you visit third party websites, including third party social media platforms) or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They stay on your computer unless you delete them, and they remember that you have visited a website.
We may also use certain service providers to set cookies on our behalf via third party websites with whom we have partnered. These cookies enable us to analyze consumers’ visits to specific sections of those websites and collect certain information regarding purchases of our products from those websites. The types of information collected by such cookies may include: shopping cart information, what product pages have been viewed, whether a purchase of our product has been made, which of our products have been searched for.
We may also use social sharing plugins and cookies. The Social Sharing plugin works by linking you with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and allows interaction between your activity on social media sites and on our website through your direction. For example, using your Facebook username and password to login to our website, and using the Facebook ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ buttons on our site. Social Sharing cookies are used to remember that you are logged in to our site.
How to manage cookies?
There are a number of ways to manage cookies.
If you are using a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge), you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about the functions which your browser provides to manage cookies. If you use different browsers and/or different devices you may need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. For instructions on how to manage cookies in your browser, please read the information available here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if all cookies are disabled.
If you are using a mobile app, the operating system of your mobile device (e.g. Apple iOS, Google Android or Microsoft Windows) provides privacy settings which let you manage how mobile apps use technologies similar to cookies to recognize your device and in certain cases make interest-based advertising available within mobile apps you use. Please refer to the instructions or help pages of your mobile operating system to learn more about the functions which it provides to manage these privacy settings.
You also have the ability to opt out of online interest-based advertising using the Ad Choices icon as further described below.
How do I opt out of online interest- based advertising?
If you see any of our advertising with this logo on it – you’re able to take control of whether you get these types of ads. This is the Ad Choices icon provided by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA).
When you click through the Icon, you’ll get information about the companies that provide interest-based ads on the sites you visit. You’ll learn about how it works, how this type of advertising supports free content, and about other privacy choices.
If you don’t want this type of advertising, you can click through to the consumer choice page to opt out from the companies that participate in the Icon program.
For further information about how to manage or delete online interest-based advertising cookies in this way visit – http://www.youradchoices.com/
How to contact us
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. If you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use of personal information please contact us via:
You may also contact your local data protection regulator in the event of any complaints.
© 2020 All rights reserved. Version 1.0 dated Oct 2020.